Saved, favourited and protected for years
They lie in my mailbox like a heap of fears
As i finally get down to clearing them one by one
Time flies back in my mind, the scene alive in my eyes
I read it and then think for a while
Does it really have to go, i can save it for long
May be something else, that is of no use, can die sooner
I click on another one, a picture of him n me together
The love is dead so is the relationship
But something’s still alive, i don’t mean to kill it
I look at the brackets, it still reads Inbox (7,029)
With hope and bravery, I move on to get it right
Work mails, wedding bells, holiday bonanzas open up in front of my eyes
That one’s easy, click all and say goodbye
Page by page, mails by mails, my heart grows stronger, my mailbox lighter
I ponder what made me save up the garbage for longer
I get in rage and my mind gets furious
I put my heart on hold and let my mind take over
What would I do with them, the question lingers
A chat pops up, it was four years ago
It had made me smile, given me some more
I get more confused, wondering what to do
And then comes a point that clears it all
Memories only pull you back in time
They seldom let you live
It’s best that they are gone sooner or later
So that you can rest in peace
They lie in my mailbox like a heap of fears
As i finally get down to clearing them one by one
Time flies back in my mind, the scene alive in my eyes
I read it and then think for a while
Does it really have to go, i can save it for long
May be something else, that is of no use, can die sooner
I click on another one, a picture of him n me together
The love is dead so is the relationship
But something’s still alive, i don’t mean to kill it
I look at the brackets, it still reads Inbox (7,029)
With hope and bravery, I move on to get it right
Work mails, wedding bells, holiday bonanzas open up in front of my eyes
That one’s easy, click all and say goodbye
Page by page, mails by mails, my heart grows stronger, my mailbox lighter
I ponder what made me save up the garbage for longer
I get in rage and my mind gets furious
I put my heart on hold and let my mind take over
What would I do with them, the question lingers
A chat pops up, it was four years ago
It had made me smile, given me some more
I get more confused, wondering what to do
And then comes a point that clears it all
Memories only pull you back in time
They seldom let you live
It’s best that they are gone sooner or later
So that you can rest in peace
No comments:
Post a Comment