It was the first rain of the season,
And I was a little girl
I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes
And let the little droplets of water just fall by
I spread my wings wide and turned round and round
It was the first monsoon of the season
And I was a little girl
It was the first rain of the season
And I was growing up
I stood in the balcony
And watched the rain fall
I looked all around
I guess no one bothered
I put my arm out and let the little drops tinkle
It was the first monsoon of the season
And I was no more a little girl
It was the first rain of the season
And I am a grown up girl
Reserve and unspoken, I lay on the chair
I watch the trees swing, I watch the birds fly
From a distance far away
Now I watch the rain come and go by
1 comment:
Rain works its magic on everyone :)
Post a Comment